Kalkatus by Night

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Play-by-Post set around Cleveland's transformation into the Demon city Kalktatus.

2 posters

Blood Will Out

James
    James
    Admin

Blood Will Out - Page 2 Empty Re: Blood Will Out

Post by James Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:00 am

The darkness was unnatural. Not the lengthened shadows that Kreiger had manipulated before, but a amorphous cloud of black that constantly shifted and undulated. It was like a thick gaseous ink more than a fog, and shadowy tendrils reached out from it for just a moment here and there across its surface. The birds awoke nearby to scatter into the night sky from the Obtenebrous creation. There was no sign of Kreiger, but clearly he was inside. Nearby, grunts of pain and snapping bone told the tale of a Tremere quickly regenerating her injuries. Time was running out.

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:54 pm

Leopold, not knowing if Kreiger was in the blackness or was the blackness, decided against trying to rejoin him at that time. His vitae was low and that Tremere's recovery only promised more pain. It'd be a long hike back to the city without a car, but it was his best bet at this point. Leopold ran off of the road to the left, between the nearby buildings. As he rounded the corner to be behind them, he took his half destroyed cell phone out and slid open the keyboard. At least part of my phone is still working! Hopefully I can reach Nathan.

Leopold began running along the edge of the forest towards the road, phone to his ear, keeping close enough to the buildings that he would be able to see or hear if a car was coming. He was hoping Nathan would answer his phone and could pick him up. Until that happened, or not, though, Leopold knew he would have to stay hidden.

OOC:

Last edited by Ariel on Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : including dice results)
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:00 am

Nathan answered his phone after only a single ring. "I'm on my way." he said immediately, the sound of his engine turning in the background.

OOC:
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:25 pm

"Get here now, Nathan. Shit hit the fan and we gotta book it. Kreiger is back near the mill in a shadowy mess, but I'm in the grassy, forested area just off the off-ramp." Leopold was running, ducking and weaving through the branches and shrubbery as he went, trying to maintain a steady pace and clear voice.

OOC:

Last edited by Ariel on Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : including dice results)
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:55 pm

"Oh sure," Nathan replied with a practiced sarcasm, "I'll just throw 'grassy, foresty area' in my GPS... wait a sec, did you bring your gun?"

Leopold began to lose his patience, the Hunger pulled at his mind and his body. His left side still hot from the attack reminded him of his condition with a flash of pain as he ducked under a branch. His clothes were ruined, he body was wrecked, he was on the brink of Frenzy and now his shoes were covered in mud. And from behind one could hear the snap of branches as someone came up from behind him.

"You are injured and you are drained," Alexander's voice called in a calm tone. It was recognizable, but his manner had completely changed. Clearly he had put up some kind of facade at the party. "I know you are on the verge of Torpor; you do not have the blood to use your powers. What's more, I can see through these trees. You will not survive another attack, and its only a matter of time before I find you. Surrender, sir, and I will show you leniency. I will see you unharmed to our chantry, where you will be fed. Consider your situation my good man."

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:16 pm

"Nathan, you get your butt and the car here now. I don't care if you have to fly off the off-ramp at 90 miles per hour," Leopold was speaking through gritted teeth, trying to not give his position away by speaking too loudly. "You get off the highway, spin the car around, and I'll be there. Alex the Tremere is here and considering he is already on my tail after Kreiger practically split him in 2 with his sword, his other fireball-throwing friend can't be far behind." He did not have the energy to waste on tedious explanations, "I'd prefer to not meet my final death tonight!"
    Leopold continued to run through the forest, ignoring Alex's taunting calls. All signs pointed to DON'T TRUST HIM (as if they didn't before).

OOC:

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : including dice results)
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:46 pm

Off in the distance there came the sound of a speeding car. It was faint, barely audible. But Leopolds preternatural senses continued to be his crutch tonight. All he had to do was hold out a little longer. Leopold glanced behind him. Alexander was not hard to spot in his long red coat, but luckily he was a ways off. It may have been possible to lose him, but not for long if what he said about seeing through the trees was true. And hiding was out of the question entirely.

Alexander stopped running, was he giving up the chase? Leopold was not given much time to wonder. As he turned back to his path of escape a fallen log shot out in front of him, seemingly of its own volition.

OOC:

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:54 pm

OOC:

Leopold noticed the log too late and tripped over it, landing with a sturdy thud. Tonight was not Leopold's night at all, and as he tried to regain his footing, his mind raced.

Last edited by Ariel on Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : including dice results)
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:20 pm

Alexander approached slowly from behind. The log slid out from beneath Leopold's legs and hovered menacingly above him, its height mirroring Alexander's raised hand. His fingers curled in a clawed shape and he starred Leopold down through his round glasses, past a single crack line on the right lense. "I don't want to have to dominate you, but I will." he warned, "It is clear from your ineptitude that I have the ability." There was something meaner in his true inflection, than the one he used at Deacon's.

OOC:

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:41 pm

Leopold decided to do what he does best: acting and placating. "C'mon, Alexander. There's no reason to bother torturing me. You know what state I'm in, why would I do anything stupid? Do I seem like the type to risk receiving my final death?" He paused for a few seconds, "The answer by the way is no," Leopold finished with a meek smile. He wasn't about to get up just yet, but adjusted himself so he was sitting with his legs forwards, knees bent.
    "Where are your other friends by the way? Sorry about the girl, couldn't stop myself, you know how it is. You should go check on her. It'd be a pity if a sword ended up in her while she was down. I'll stay here. After all, where am I to go?" Hopefully he could get Alex to calm down, even if he couldn't convince him to leave just yet.

OOC:

Last edited by Ariel on Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:45 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : including dice results)
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:02 pm

Alexander's expression dropped from one of determination to concern, there was a larger threat out there. Kreiger had proven himself far more formidable. He let the log drop from the air slowly, but stared wordlessly at Leopold for several uncomfortable moments. He turned to glance back at the mill, visible through the treeline now that it was engulfed in flames. He looked back at Leopold with a scowl. Finally he turned heel and began making his way out to the street. Slowly, carefully, Leopold got to his feet, it was time to leave. But just before he could turn to run, Alexander spun around with a fierce gaze upon his face. Leopold's tentative hold on his emotions did not last long. But then...

SLAM! Alexander went flying across the wood as the plant covered front end of Nathan's Chevy Vega plowed right into him. The headlights were off, it wasn't quite clear how he managed to get through the trees without them. "GET IN! Quickly!" the Malkavian shouted as he switched his lights back on. Leopold nearly flew into the back seat, diving in through the half open window. "Where the hell is Kreiger? Should we go back for him?"

Dirt and grass flew out from in front of the car as Nathan forced his weight into the pedal. But as the vehicle began to retreat, the hood began lifting upward. The trees immediately before them were lit by the headlights, causing night blindness for the rest of the forest. And there between them lay Alexander, his face contorted in concentration and arms raised above him. Nathan vigorously shook at his glove box handle for several moments before hammer punching the old container. Once it popped open he drew a revolver from within. Holding it firmly he took aim at the Warlock dead ahead, before thinking better of it and leaning out of the window. Everything became silent.

BOOM! The car bounced back onto its axle, never truly off the ground entirely. Alexander spun about 90 degrees, a shot taken to his shoulder. Nathan threw the gun to the passenger seat, gripped the wheel firmly with both hands, and dropped hard on the pedal once more. The car began moving. Slowly at first, but gaining speed. Nathan's eye's were locked on Alexander, his brow furled. He didn't even look where he was going. He glanced at Leopold in the rear mirror, "Um, do we have a plan? I'm pretty out of the loop at the moment."
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:07 pm

"If you think the car can take another hit then let's go run down the fire-throwing bitchface and get Kreiger. It's probably a stupid plan but after all that's happened tonight I'd hate to leave him without even trying to get him back. It just seems rude," Leopold also couldn't forget how Kreiger had stopped Alex the first time, helping him escape.
    "I can only hope Alex doesn't get up this time, considering he must have spent a considerable amount of blood to heal the giant gash in his chest." Considering how Alex was still moving after everything, Leopold wasn't about to hold his breath on him being down for the night. "I'll tell you more about what happened later, once we are out of this hell hole of a place."

OOC:

Last edited by Ariel on Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : including dice results)
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:41 am

Nathan shot Leopold a sharp glance. "I'm going to regret this." he said as he pulled a sharp left back onto the road. Leopold had  to grip the seats to avoid sliding across the back seat. Up ahead, the arson had reached its peak. The heat had shattered the windows and black smoke wafted out into the night sky. It wouldn't take long for the mortal authorities to arrive. The street in front of the warehouse was covered in the living darkness Kreiger had summoned, but as they approached something inside it sparked with orange light. Then again. Finally the cloud burst into hell fire, disintegrating like flash paper from the inside out.

The Tremere stood amongst the ash. She had burned herself with that last blast. Wrapped around her wrists were three black tendrils of shadow that were anchored to the ground. Fire sprung from her hands once more and she struggled to sweep her right hand in an arc across the two tentacles gripping that arm. The shadow lit up like oil and she snapped her hand back in a panic as the flames licked up toward her. She paused for a moment to wave her arm frantically to cool it down and ensure she had not caught, her eyes darting back and forth in search of her enemy.

"Get up here and put a bullet in her!" Nathan commanded, eying the revolver still on his passenger seat.

OOC:

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:15 pm

Leopold leapt to the front seat, grabbing the revolver as he did. He repositioned himself to be sitting upright, leaned out the window, and took aim at the Tremere. Kreiger's interference to keep her still made it easier, but the shaking from the drive made it difficult. Leopold took a deep breathe and a few extra seconds to make sure of his aim.
    BLAM!

OOC:
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:10 pm

Were it not for the black arm holding her in in place, the impact of the bullet would have sent the lithe woman rolling down the street. She was, however, thrown clean off her feet before the tendril reached the end of its slack, snapping her back onto the concrete. She arched her back in pain, trying to keep the bullet's exit wound from touching the ground. She was pressing hard into her chest. Shot through the heart.

The car pulled to a screech beside her. Blood pooled on the ground around her, Leopold couldn't help but stare. The Hunger clawed at him like a starving wolf. He could smell the blood in the air. And not just any blood, but powerful vampiric Vitea. Risky business, drinking from a Tremere without killing them. Worse to kill them, nothing was more forbidden in Camerilla teritory than Diablerie. He almost didn't notice how her veins had charred black across her pale face and in her eyes. Even iris had blackened around her comparatively pale pupil. The effects of Obtenebration.

Leopold's focus snapped back to him. Kreiger nearly materialized from the darkness between buildings. His visage was similarly blackened, though it only made his expression mean. He looked down at the wounded Kindred, "GottverDAMmt!" He looked back at Leopold, clearly impressed, then calmly stepped over to open the door to the backseat and step inside.

OOC:

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:02 pm

OOC:

Leopold stared at the Tremere with a hunger he has known only a few times before. In general he tries to stay well fed, as a hungry host makes for a poor party, but this was something else, something stronger. The click of the car door opening and slam of it closing snapped him out of it, however. He shook his head lightly, pulled himself in from the window, then sat leaning back in the seat.

Sirens rose in the distance. "Get us out of here, head north." Kreiger instructed. Leopold closed his eyes tried to calm down. He closed the window without thought, focusing on the idea of getting back home and to safety. Don't diablerize her... there will be plenty of vitae back home... it isn't worth it... He opened his eyes at an ironic thought, It'd be great to breathe right now, it'd give me something to focus on. He paused for a second longer before remembering that he still could, technically. The motion alone would help, if nothing else. He focused on what little blood he had left and used it to work his lungs. The steady rhythm definitely helped and Leopold started feeling better, calmer.

"We should head back to Victoria's or to my place. Anywhere. I need to feed and we need to figure out what the hell just happened." He looked down at his clothes and checked the visor mirror, "Tch. I could really use a chance to clean up and get changed, too. I don't know about you two, but it'd be much harder to get someone with how I look now."

OOC:
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:44 pm

"There's no time," Kreiger argued, "The way to Victoria's safe house is off the road up ahead and there are Warlocks nearby. Besides, the new clothing would be a waste, the entrance is through the sewers."
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:04 pm

Leopold scrunched his nose at sewers. But Kreiger was right, better to get somewhere safe now than risk being intercepted on the way. He wasn't looking forward to drudging through filth either.
    "Point out the way then, Mr. Kreiger. We don't have a moment to spare." The sewers... Great. I pray we don't run into any Nosferatu, Leopold thought with disdain. He didn't have the energy to suggest anything else, and knowing Victoria it was probably very well hidden anyway.
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:30 pm

They pulled off the road and drove through the grass for a time. Soon enough Kreiger commanded they halt. Kreiger and Leopold headed towards the small concrete outcropping by the river's edge, leaving Nathan scratching his scalp as he stared at his dented radiator. The sound of drainage pouring out into the river filled the air with a pleasant ambiance that soured quickly when the listener considered its source. Kreiger nodded up at Leo, his complexion had returned to normal, "Have you ever been in the sewers before? They can be very dangerous, if you travel too far from the entrances. The further in you go, the higher your chances for running into something... unsavory." Nathan came running up as they reached the door.

Kreiger continued, "I've never been to this safe house, but she wouldn't have chosen an underground location if it were near a Rat hole. Nonetheless, keep those enhanced senses sharp, there's no telling if something had moved in sinse she last scouted it out, or if something chased her down here. Just... stay behind me this time, you're a terrific distraction but I can't be expected to babysit you all night."

A steel door cut into the side of the concrete rectangle. Long ago it may have been white, but its paint had long since chipped away and rusted. Kreiger gripped the handle with both hands and swung the door open with a creek, scrapping the landing with its edge. Stagnant air rushed out from inside, causing Leopold and Nathan to reel with an "Ack!" Nathan stretched his collar across his face to protect his senses. Kreiger glanced back across his shoulder, an eyebrow raised. Clearly unbothered, "I supposed there is a downside to honing one's senses after all." he mused.

Beyond the door was an unkept entryway. A rusty handrail bordered concrete stair descended to the right. The room was small, square, and very littered. A degrading iron barrel with a charred rim sat in a corner, perhaps once used as a source of warmth. Small pipes lined the ceiling with a large one dominating the far wall. Facing inland, a short inlet housed an electrical box and a door leading onward, its thin rectangular window smashed in long ago. A metal staircase beyond led to the tunnels proper. Clearly no one who was supposed to be here had returned in several years.

Blood Will Out - Page 2 Bm2_se11

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:31 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:23 pm

Leopold took cautious steps into the small room, dug the singed remains of his handkerchief out of his pocket, shook it out, and covered his nose with it. "How lovely..." he said, his voice dripping with disdain for the filthy place they had just entered. He looked around at the decaying condition of the entryway, not surprised by it's state as it was a sewer after all, but still displeased at being there. I suppose it will only get worse from here. Time to get over it and just focus on getting to the safe house. Leopold's shoes clicked against the floor as he walked around the room and he made note to step more lightly as to minimize the sound.

He strode over to the open stairway with the rusted handrail and peered down but knew he wouldn't be able to figure out much without actually going anywhere. "So, Mr. Kreiger," Leopold began, turning on his heel and stepping towards the other two, "when you say you've never been to this particular safe house, does that mean a) you have never physically been there but do know where it is and how to get there, or b) that past this point we are just picking a direction and hoping for the best? I rather hope it's the former." His tone wasn't mocking or condescending but was one of concern. The less time spent wandering meant fewer opportunities for something else to go wrong.
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:56 pm

"I'm afraid it would be the later Mr. Fitzroy. But finding supernatural in the dark places of the world is somewhat of a specialty of mine." he made intentional eye-contact with Leopold. "I found her once, before after all." he noted, referencing the night of his death. He proceeded down the ladder and into the tunnels. Ever been forced to dine on rats, friend? I may be able to call a few, if you need. The thought made Leopold's stomach turn.
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:42 pm

Leopold followed him down the metal ladder, handkerchief temporarily tucked into a breast pocket on his shirt. "Forced? Hmm... no. Chose to due to extremely poor circumstances that prevented me from being able to feed on anything else?" He paused, face scrunched in equal parts thought and displeasure, "On a rare occasion, to which this time may be included." As he stepped off the ladder he wiped his hands together in a vain attempt at making them slightly less dirty. He knew it was pointless but habits are hard to break.

"I may have to take you up on that offer as much as I'd rather not like to." The idea was disgusting to Leopold. He had finer tastes and couldn't even bring himself to feed on homeless people, but he knew the state he was in. As dirty and unsatisfying as animals usually were, he could force himself to partake from them in dire situations. But again, those times were rare. "Perhaps I could hold off of course if you have a menagerie of lovely people waiting and available to us later," Leopold joked with a vague wave down the sewer tunnel. He stepped away from the ladder to make room for Nathan to make his descent.
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:08 pm

Kreiger led them down one of the walkways, staying out of the dry channel. The first intersection had two of its passages barred off with locked gates. One was slightly ajar, its locking mechanism shattered. Kreiger moved the door back and forth for a moment, examining it. He must have been dissatisfied with what he found because he decided on the passage with no gate to the right. The tunnel led them down a slow decline and a T intersection at the bottom. The trench here was filled with foul smelling water. "This should be good." Kreiger decided finally, lowing himself to an indian-style position. He rested his palms around each of his knees and closed his eyes. He raised his head slightly upward.

Slowly, he opened his eyes again. The iris and pupil had faded out, leaving only cloudy white orbs staring outward. Before long, all manner of rodents came crawling out from their crevices toward him. He stretched out a hand and allowed one to crawl onto it. He lifted it up and locked eyes with it for a moment. Then he held it out towards Leopold, "I've told him he is to sacrifice himself for your benefit, but they have no sense of mortality at all I'm afraid."

Leopold took the creature from Kreiger, it began to flail and squirm in his grip. But Leopold drain him hungrily none the less. The Hunger inside him subduing what would normally be hesitation and gags. Kreiger chuckled as Leopold tried to grab for more off the ground, causing the swarm to scatter and scurry. Gone was the calm they exhibited in Kreiger's company. Instead, they seemed nearly repelled by Leopold's presence. They could sense the beast inside him, and they knew fear. But Leopold persevered, and succeeded. A little worn, and more than a little bothered, he now stood amongst several tiny corpses, rodent blood and sewage dripping from his cheeks.

"Oh look at this little guy!" Nathan exclaimed spotting a small albino rat. He leaned down to try and catch it, nearly failing at the attempt. "I don't have any cheese, but I have something you may like better, give it a try..." He bit his index finger and pointed it towards the small animal, who lapped at him as if he were a water bottle in his cage. There was an instant change in its demeanor. It sat motionless in Nathan's palm. Nathan raised and placed the rat on his shoulder and scratched it on the nose. "I'm gunna call you 'Quaid'." It licked at its hands and scanned the area from its new vantage point. Nathan had a creepy smile, "Hehheh! We're in bat country Quaid! I hope you've come loaded for bear! ...or alligator..."

OOC:

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:47 pm

Leopold was feeling much better, though still not great, and pushed the thought of draining as many rats as he did out of his mind. He cleaned his face with a torn piece of shirting. It's not like the shirt was in a salvageable condition anyway and he preferred if he could keep his handkerchief smelling of sewage for as long as possible.

He walked over to Nathan and gave the new companion a scratch under the chin. "I'm surprised such a snowy little fellow could be found down here. I guess without many predators even he had a chance. Lucky for him." Leopold was pleased to see Nathan gain a new companion, something to take care of. Of course it probably wouldn't help, but he maybe if Nathan kept Quaid around then Nathan's personality episodes would become less frequent. Even with how helpful they were occasion he imaged it must be a sad existence to never totally be yourself.

"Well then, Mr. Kreiger, I thank you for your generosity," Leopold said as he strode back to Kreiger and helped him up. "Shall we carry on?" He looked up and down the tunnel taking cursory glances at the area. I should probably be paying attention to where we are going... Even if I never plan on visiting again. He thought to himself and took a few moments to actually look and listen to where they were. He tried to see if he could figure out anything, even with as little useful information he would probably be able to gather.

OOC:
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:52 pm

Sounds of viscous water trickling permeated the air. Off to the right there was the hum of an electric buzz.
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:52 pm

Yup, just like I figured. Oh well. Though I do wonder what exactly is making that hum... Leopold shrugged off the curiosity and looked back to Kreiger for their next direction.
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:57 pm

Kreiger half pointed down the right tunnel, though it seemed almost like he choice was based on a whim. Not far down the tunnel a crate rested crooked on the walkway. Kreiger turned himself sideways and edged around it. As Leopold did the same he could see a "shadow" of cleaner ground around the crate, as if it had been moved a bit recently. It was easy to imagine Victoria running this way, jostling it as she passed in a hurry. They came to a thin aluminum door, almost a locker in manufacture. Kreiger hopped across the trench and peeked inside for a moment before looking back towards his followers and tilting his head in a "this way" motion.

Inside was a catwalk overlooking a flooded room. Two unlit panels dominated the center of the room, water filled the room to about half way up the panel. A thin stair descended into the water. The catwalk ran along side the rightmost side of the room and broke a third of the way across, the end of that section becoming a ramp down into the murk. On the far side of the room opposite the catwalk, a pair of large trenches could barely be made out through the water. A struggling fan whining in a low pitch could be heard coming from the end of a trench, just inside the wall. Clearly something had broke down, clogged, or otherwise malfunctioned to cause the room to fill. The smell was substantially better in here, however.

"The path ends, it descends! Into Davie Jones' it goes!" Nathan called, "Why does our Unteroffizier think the flowered devil woman sailed hither to hide? Into darkness she delves?"

Kreiger stopped dead and turned full circle to look at Nathan with a slightly confused expression, than glanced to Leopold as if to say "What happened to him?"

"Because this way is more dangerous." he replied simply. Kreiger sprinted forward and launched himself onto the other side of the catwalk. The left leg bent sharply upon his landing and gave an echoing kong! He scanned the room and waved the group over. "Come on, I don't think she would have taken the tubes." He went towards the door at the other end of the walk, giving Leopold and Nathan space to land. He began studying the various items floating in the room below, as well as the piping on the walls and ceiling around him.

Map:

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:07 pm

OOC:

Leopold looked down at the water between the gap in the catwalk. It was not something he wanted to fall into, that was for sure. He took an extra few seconds, trying to gauge the distance til he was satisfied. He backed up a ways to give him the room for a sprinting start as well. His shoes hit the metal with a clink clink clink and as he went to jump the smooth leather soles caused him to lose a bit of force. Even so, Leopold made it across, a solid clang sounding off the metal. He slid ungracefully a couple feet upon landing, arms spread out for balance. When he stopped he straightened himself out, smoothed his hair, and walked down the remainder of the catwalk to leave room for Nathan.

"More dangerous, huh? Because that's exactly what we need right now." He looked across the gap back at Nathan. He knew Nathan was more than capable of jumping across, but was concerned with how long Nathan's personality would stick around before some other one made its way out. The recent pirate jargon wasn't comforting. They needed to stay focused.
    James
    James
    Admin

Blood Will Out - Page 2 Empty Blood Will Out

Post by James Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:19 pm

Nathan stood there with Quaid cradled in both his hands. He looked around with that half-there expression, finally resting his eyes on the wall piping. He reached up and placed Quaid down on them. Quaid was looking in all directions, occasionally swiping at the air. The Malkavian blood in his veins already taking its toll on the little creature's psyche. It made one wonder what made Nathan decide to Ghoul the creature. Nathan lowered only one of his hands, the other he let rest on the pipe with an open palm. His hand slid across its face until it came to a rectangular box affixed to the wall. He withdrew his hand only to shape it into a claw and slam it back onto the box in a flash, nails digging into the seam. Metal creaked as he pulled, a pop of the locking mechanism slipping out of place accenting the discordant noise. Inside was a heavy switch with a dial style handle. It clicked with a deep tone as he flipped it, killing the electrical hum.

The lights went out for several seconds, but red emergency lights kicked in. Gingerly, Nathan toed the water at the end of the catwalk, checking for electrical current. Finding none he smiled, waded into it about waist deep, grabbed hold of the rail on the other side and ungracefully climbed up to his friends. Quaid hustled down the pipe and dropped onto the floor. He climbed up Nathan's small stature and took his place on his shoulder. Nathan, or perhaps whatever persona had possessed him at this moment stood there, smiling smugly as he smoothed the grime from his hands.

OOC:

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:07 pm

The next room was likewise flooded. The door opened to a porch like platform with stairs to the right that descended into waist high water. in the center of the room, a concrete base rose from the floor, not quite high enough to break the water's surface. Two filtering silos were carved down into the block, their dome lids stuck up out of the murk.

"Those pipes may have once delivered water to that last room." Nathan said with a refreshing dose of his normal voice. "Looks like one burst. Likely the cause of the problems on this level."

Kreiger eyed the water disappointedly, "Not much choice in the matter now I suppose. At least it's somewhat clear." And with that he stepped down the stairs.

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:51 pm

Leopold hesitantly followed Kreiger down the stairs and into the water. Though the smell continued to improve and the water was clearer, it still was an unpleasant experience. Entering the flooded area Leopold found it was a bit on the cool side.
    Wading through meant walking more slowly, awkwardly, and once out dealing with the squish squish of wet socks in shoes while everything else clung to skin. This is exactly what we need to be stealthy and not followed. A trail of water! He thought sarcastically to himself. At least if we get out we should know if anyone else has been through here since this seems the more plausible route. At least I hope. Leopold did trust Kreiger, and it was currently his safest bet for survival, but he wasn't entirely comfortable having someone else be the only one to know the way.
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:01 pm

As the two waded out into the room, they noticed Nathan had stayed behind. He cradled Quaid close to his chest, that absent look in his eyes. It wouldn't be long now, either Nathan will completely slip away, or he'd shirk this off and regain himself. Either way, he didn't appear to be moving. And he eyed the water like a child afraid to swim for the first time.

"Get over here lick! What's taking you so long?" Kreiger barked impatiently, half trying to use a hushed tone.
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:34 pm

Leopold turned to see what the matter was. When he saw the look in Nathan's eyes, his posture, and the way he was holding his new ghoul, Leopold knew that Nathan wasn't quite himself. Shit shit shit. Not now. He was just so adventurous a minute ago... He went back to try to get him to follow. "Hey Nathan, what's the matter?" he asked in a soothing tone as he made his way back to the stairs. "C'mon. We gotta get going. The water is safe, you were just in it a minute ago, remember?" Leopold was trying not to sound as if talking to a child, but the subtle undertones were in his voice anyway.

He made it back to the bottom of the staircase and calmly waved for Nathan to come down. "It's only a little farther. Isn't that right, Mr. Kreiger?" He turned and shot him a tell him it's not far look, that he only hoped Kreiger would understand, before turning back to Nathan and again gesturing for him to come down the stairs.

OOC:
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:51 pm

Nathan stood there shaking his head. Distrustfully at first, but then he squeezed his eyes shut and flicked his head as if there was a fly nearby. Once, twice more and he opened his eyes again and grabbed pressed one hand high on his head, weaving his fingers into his hair. "What the hell is wrong with me?" He asked, slamming the bottom of his palm against his temple. "God damnit!"

Kreiger waded slowly back towards Leopold, "Himmel, arch and Zwirn! He's a Goddamned Malkavien. We don't have time for this. Come on, just leave him."
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:44 pm

"We're not leaving him. If it weren't for Nathan I'd still be dealing with Alex which means you'd still be tangled with the Tremere girl. Besides, he's more useful than you know," Leopold scolded Kreiger. He turned back to Nathan who was still struggling. "Nathan! Nathan!" He called with controlled force, "I need you to focus. Concentrate on me, on my voice." He climbed the first few steps towards Nathan. "It looks like you're about to have another episode but I need you to stay focused on being you and shake it off for now. We need to move on. It's not safe here but when we get to the safe house you can let go." Leopold grabbed Nathan's arm and began leading him down the stairs. "Just keep it up for a little while longer."
    If he can't regain control then Mr. Kreiger will probably just have to carry him. I don't know how else to force him to come if he is really intent on not... Hopefully whatever personality comes out can be reasoned with or at least convinced to come. Leopold thought to himself, planning ahead.

OOC:
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:16 am

Nathan snapped to attention, "I'm sorry Leo, you're right; its not safe. I'm getting these visions of a woman in all white, bleeding from the eyes, darkness swallowing her. She's cold, and alone, and something terrbile happened to her... she wants to take it out on others..."

"What is this?" Krieger demanded, "Nonsense! The ravings of poisoned blood. These kindred are too far gone in this age, you stay and coddle him if you must. -I'm- going to find --- !!" A flash of scales and a splash of water. A spray of blood filled the air. Some massive animal burst from the water's surface and latched onto Kreiger, pulling him under.

Nathan's eyes widened in shock "Gottverdamnt!" he exclaimed, drawing his handgun.

OOC:
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:06 pm

OOC:

"What the fuck was that?!" Leopold exclaimed, letting go of Nathan and flinch-jumping away from the water. Sewer gators are an urban legend, so what the hell grabbed Kreiger? he thought to himself. After a moment he pushed away his shock.
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:17 pm

The water frothed and erupted, and Kreiger was thrashed from side to side in the mouth of the beast. His arm was being gnawed by the thing, but somehow he managed to wrap his other around the creatures head. They were brought under again, creating a second of pause and silence. Then, Kreiger emerged lifting the thing from the water, his back arched sharply as he strained to make the most of his awkward grip on it. And sure enough, there it was: a massive albino alligator, its eyes red and its jaws dripping Vitea. A good portion of it was still underwater, it must have been full and again the size of Kreiger. "Someone!" He pleaded, "My sword!"

Nathan leaped over the rail and into the pool, struggling against the weight of the water in an effort to get closer to the melee. BAM! One shot fired and a flash of sparks from the far wall. A miss. "Damn! I can't get a clear shot!" He hollered.

"What are you talking about the thing is huge!?"

"Well when you’re holding it like that you're kinda in the line of fire!"

"Its not giving me much CHOICE! Will one of you just grow a pair and HELP ME!" The gator twisted her head to the side, taking Kreiger's waterborne feet off their perch. It barrel rolled them into the water, twisting their bodies together like twine.

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Blood Will Out - Page 2 Empty Blood Will Out

Post by Ariel Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:43 pm

OOC:

Leopold couldn't believe what he was seeing. There was no way that thing was normal. While Kreiger and it twisted in the water, Leopold tried to focus on it. Kreiger had managed to regain control for a long enough moment that Leopold could get a decent view of it. He used that moment to get a psychic look at the creature.
    Red, Angry. Bright, Living. Well that seemed obvious. I guess it really is just a sort of legendary sewer gator. He stopped his vision as it began twisting and rolling again, the red aura blurring into a swirling mess. Between the red aura and crimson vitea spilling from it and Kreiger, Leopold was starting to feel hungry again. He'd had a rough night and rats were not his preferred choice of meal. A sewer gator didn't seem like it'd be much better, but it wasn't a tiny, scruffy sewer rat and that's what mattered. He willed some of his blood into his limbs and prepared to spring into the fray. He halfway crouched on the steps waiting for just the right moment.

Kreiger and the alligator were reeling in the water. Its death rolls kept them spinning as it tried to drown Kreiger and rip his arm off, not knowing that he didn't need to breathe anymore or that he was more sturdy than he looked. It was however rather effective at keeping the larger vampire busy. Unfortunately for the alligator, speed and agility were on Leopold's side, and when it paused before initiating another roll, he took the opportunity and leapt forward. He quickly closed the gap and landed on top of the monstrous creature. He swiftly re-positioned himself with his arms around its neck, the rest of his body stretched out on its back and feet pressed against the gator's tail. This is the strangest and one of the most unpleasant feedings I have ever had the chance to experience, Leopold thought to himself before removing all hint of worry or care from his mind as he bit into the softer side of the alligator's bulbous neck.
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:20 pm

Rich blood came streaming into Leopold's mouth and he began drinking from the albino gator. It was warm, hot even. A rush of heat filled Leopold's face, streaming outward from his lips. His cheeks became flush with a blush of life. Within moments the sensation hit his brow, and blinded him. Pure white flooded his vision and stung at eyes. It was like staring into the Sun, and as his sight acclimated to the light it seemed to be just that. It appeared to Leopold that he was waist deep in some calm river, the Sun rose on the horizon, its rays reaching out to Leopold for the first time in a hundred years.

It was beautiful, enough to moisten his eyes and distract him from the burning sensation upon his face. The Sun's rays reached outward, obscuring the river's mouth and the treeline. Certainly, if remained any longer his peeling skin would burst into flame. But it was mesmerizing. Leopold let his lung fill with morning air and could feel his heart beat from within his chest. His veins filled him with the warmth of his circulatory system. He felt alive for the first time in a century, and here he stood: dying. And as he closed his eyes and resigned himself to the embrace of Micheal's flame, he felt the arms of angels lifting him from the water. Had heaven forgiven the Childer of Cain for their Sire's sins? "Leo..." the voice of God sounded in the sky. "Leo!" its funny, he didn't have that English accent they used in all the old movies.

"Worthless, the both of you. Final death take me."

"LEO!" Nathan called, shaking him by the shoulders. Leo was sitting in some kind of maintenance closet, the dim red glow of the emergency lighting barely revealing the room. Kreiger was slouched in the corner, his sword bloodied next to him. He nursed one arm with the other, his left hand laid limp upon the dank concrete floor. All of them were dripping.

OOC:
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:30 am

OOC:

"...Huh...?" Leopold mumbled groggily, his head finally clearing. After a few more seconds he became more aware of his surroundings and shook his head from side to side, trying to shake out the dream-like vision and return to the present. He was more successful in shaking water on his two companions. He snapped his head up, smoothed his hair back with both hands, eyes wide, as if the more open they were the faster he would be able to understand what had happened. Leopold found himself looking at Nathan who's hands had since been removed from his shoulders. "Hey, buddy," Leopold said with a hint of mild amusement, "so fill me in. What did I apparently miss?" He looked around the room, from Kreiger to the blinking light and back to Nathan. He began to take his shoes off and wring out his socks while he waited for the explanation.

Well then... that was no ordinary alligator. Should have figured. Gators don't just live in the sewers, and especially not ones that huge. Maybe a baby one for a while... His mind was drifting a little, distracted by the vision. Better hone that ability more... Still not entirely sure what happened... but it was nice to see the sun again... He enjoyed the memory of it. Even if it was fake, or whatever it was, he had seen the sun and lived. That'll be a great bit for inspiration to draw from later...
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:58 am

"My gun got a little jammed from the sewage. But, after you started spacing out I ran up and grabbed the thing by the tail. Alligators can't roll without it. After that Sebastian here managed to slice it open. We didn't kill it though... it swam off into a broken tube. We didn't question good fortune and booked it. One thing's for sure, if there's anyone in the tunnels, they know we're here now."
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:22 am

The response from Nathan brought Leopold quickly back into focus. "Well let's just hope that no one else is here then. All I know is that that was no normal alligator. Not even because of it's size." He paused for a minute to think about how to phrase what he had seen. "Either one of you ever drink from something and thought you saw the sun? Because that's why I 'spaced out.' I don't know what can cause a vision like that though." He knew it sounded crazy, but maybe one of them would know what it was.

Kreiger hunted Victoria down in his mortal days, so maybe he knew about other mystical beings. And Nathan is an ocean of information. Sure it's cryptic and usually too vague to be useful... but it's still good on occasion. Maybe one of his personalities knows and will reveal something at some point. Leopold mulled over the possible knowledge his companions may have, his mind starting to wander and dream a bit again.
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:14 pm

That got Kreiger's attention. "Kith-spit, I've heard tales in the old country that Sidhe blood had that effect upon your first drink. You're telling me that thing was one of the fair folk? They are supposed to inhabit places of natural power."

"I'm pretty sure Sidhe blood would kill you, one of their children, the Changelings, might make more sense." Nathan corrected, "Not that a Lick would know the difference... I probably shouldn't have said that."

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:25 pm

Leopold was a bit surprised to hear Nathan use the term. He hadn't been a vampire very long and knew he couldn't remember chunks of his own life. But Leopold didn't address it as the comment wasn't directed to him. He felt satisfaction that his friend showed his intelligence and resourcefulness since Kreiger had wanted to ditch him earlier.

At the same time, he regretted not being more informed on the various supernatural beings that inhabited the same world. When we get some time I should talk to Nathan, or Kreiger if he is still around, about learning more. I'd rather like to not make that same mistake twice if possible... Leopold tended to pride himself on knowing about his surroundings but realized just how much he had limited himself to the immediate vicinity of his regular hangouts. Not that he had dealt with much of anything up until tonight. He wondered for a bit more about the Changeling before remembering that he still wasn't sure where exactly they were.

"So, Mr. Kreiger, this isn't the safe house, is it? I would hope Victoria would have more sense than to pick a broom closet for such a haven." He looked over to Kreiger's bleeding arm again. "You should also take care of that if possible," nodding at him with a concerned look. He wasn't going to insult the man by offering his own vitae or asking if he could carry on. Kreiger seemed like the type to be proud of his physical skills. Hopefully Leopold's comment wouldn't be perceived as insensitive.
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:00 pm

Kreiger palmed at his wounds on his arm and shoulder, wincing as he did so. "I've tried, it won't heal." He was slipping back into an accent, he must have lost a lot of blood. "The wound is supernatural. But no, this is just where we decided to hole up for ze moment."

Nathan shook his head, "That's not right, if that thing was a changeling it would be some kind of pooka, an animal spirit. Their animal forms aren't anything more than typical fauna. Could it have been a Fera? No, their blood invokes frenzy not euphoria. There must be more going on with that thing, but this isn't going to help us find Victoria. What's worse, we're pretty much sitting ducks here. If anything really wants to come through that door, I don't think the boxes we piled in front of it is going to stop them. Especially if its a Nasferat, I've seen those guys lift a car."

"And I've seen my Sire lift a Panzer in a frenzy. I'm not afraid of a rat."

"I doubt your Sire was missing an arm at the time."

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:29 pm

"Well then," Leopold started, putting his shoes back on, "I suppose it is time we carry on lest we find ourselves meeting our final deaths in a sewer broom closet." He stood and picked up his damp socks and stuffed them into his pocket. "I'm sure neither of you would like to be found in here, I know I don't. We shall have to count ourselves fortunate that neither your legs nor your head was bitten, eh, Mr. Kreiger?" He gave an unsure smile as he looked down to the large injured man and offered his hand to help him up.

Not sure if he will be able be to summon more rats. Leopold mentally shivered at the memory. Hopefully once we reach the safe house and after a while things will look clear enough for Nathan and I can go and bring back some people to feed on. It's probably a terrifically stupid way to get found, but it can't be helped that we need Vitae. He paused to picture himself in his current state trying to seduce anyone. Now that would be a sight to see. Note to self, best to not go that route...
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Kreiger gave Leopold a look, it was hard to tell if it was distrust or genuine surprise. He took his hand none the less and got to his feet. "Yes, I suppose we should no dally. The Nasferatu are an enigmatic bunch, but this is technically Camerilla territory. The last thing we need is someone dropping by unannounced."

"It's okay, Quaid, I'll protect you!" Nathan tucked the ball of white into his unbuttoned sleeve. REEEEEEE! The screech of metal pierced the air. The door budged against the makeshift barricade, scraping the ground as it moved. Kreiger lifted his blade in his off hand, his stance just as proficient as his main. He's fought in this condition before. Nathan became frantic. Pulling his gun out and opening the chamber he blew forcefully down the barrel in short bursts, trying to clear out the water.

"Goddamn it! Are you two on Satan's personal hit list!?" He shot to the front of the room, positioning himself between the door and Nathan.

Something big slammed against the door twice in quick succession, sending crates and boxes tumbling from their perch in both instances. With one final boom the door flew wide. Behind it, a creature of horrible black tentacles floated towards them. Tendrils of black reached in all directions, throwing refuse out of its path. Nathan broke, dropping his gun he fell do his knees, grabbing his head and shutting his eyes tight.

Kreiger let the grip on his blade loosen, his stance dropped any signs of aggression as he looked upon the thing with what seemed like disbelief. The creature's form shook and rippled. With the sound of the last bit of water entering the drain, it melted around the form of a slender woman, "Bastion?" More of a statement than a question, Victoria's emotive voice thickly carried her confusion. Kreiger sheathed his weapon and wrapped his arms around his Sire. One hand held her at the waist, the other behind her head. Gloved fingers weaved into her straight black hair, blonde roots betraying their nature. Their embrace suggested a love few mortals can experience. For all their differences, Leopold couldn't help but turn his thoughts to his own Sire.

Her white blouse and her knee length black lace skirt were immaculate. She was truly a sight for sore eyes. She almost seemed surreal amongst the all the dank, emergency light lit dirtiness of the sewer. Perhaps it was the Fea blood coursing through him, but Leopold's heart felt like she was some kind of miracle, though his experience told him Victoria could only have been an angel of death.

Nathan got to his feet trying, rather unsuccessfully, to hide his embarrassment. "Oh, hey Vic." She shot him a very direct gaze. It was her 'don't call me that' look, but she had learned it wasn't worth the effort to press the issue with him. Again.
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:47 pm

After a moment longer of letting his mind figure out what had just happened Leopold was brought back to attention. "Oh, Victoria, thank Cain you are here!" He said with glee, though still at a normal volume, as he threw his hands up. "I don't think any of us could deal with much more this night! Please tell me you are here to lead us to somewhere where we can rest for the day. We have had one doozey of a venture and could all use some peace and a chance to get cleaned up, if you couldn't tell. I mean look at me," he gestured down to his body, "Have you ever seen me like this? I look like a homeless person!" He paused for a second, "Well if a homeless person found a Tonello suit and then ruined it." His face scrunched into a frown in dissatisfaction, but didn't let it ruin his mood for more than a couple seconds.

He put a friendly arm around Nathan's shoulders reassuringly and looked to Victoria with a smile. He didn't want to mess her up given his condition, and looked her up and down again before really realizing just how pristine she really was. That's a curious thing... So maybe she wasn't at the mill after all. I'll have to ask her about that later when we are out of this hell hole tunnel system. To think we may have gone through this nonsense for nothing.

"You childe, Mr. Kreiger here, has been so very helpful thus far. A real trooper!" He figured not to mention Kreiger's initial aggression towards him and Nathan for now. Not like it wasn't somewhat justified. "A good head on that one," he said with a quick point. Leopold felt like he could talk forever. It was such a relief that Victoria had shown up and not someone else, or anything else for that matter.
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:13 pm

Victoria laughed mirthfully, "Leopold, my dear, did you really just use the word doozey? I swear you always make me smile even in the most peculiar situations but that doesn't sound like Bastion at all." She turned back at him, "Does it?" She took a step back and glanced down at the blood on her outfit. "Well... isn't that lovely." She let the room feel her scowl for a few moments before continuing, her disposition darkened. "My safe house is just up ahead, but its not really your kind of place my darling. You're certain you'd be willing to spend the day in the drainpipe? Don't you need shears for when this..." she motioned vaguely at the shaved sides of Leopold's head, "...grows back in the evening? Don't tell me your hair was so upon your embrace in the 19th century?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:25 am