Kalkatus by Night

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Play-by-Post set around Cleveland's transformation into the Demon city Kalktatus.

2 posters

Blood Will Out

James
    James
    Admin

Blood Will Out Empty Blood Will Out

Post by James Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Recent History

In the wake of the Stock Market Crash of 1929, an enterprising Ventrue bought up all the stocks she could. By 1980, she had made herself a billion dollar fortune, which she used to stabilize the city and declare herself Prince. But this only served to instigate the Sabbat, who had outnumbered the Camerilla on Manhattan since the early 16th century. By the 90's, the prince had met her final death and the Sabbat took formal control of the city. Less than a decade later, an alliance of all loyal Camerilla clans swept the Sabbat hierarchy from New York. 

Leopold spent most of his early years watching his sire vie for control of the independent state of New York. She may have made it if it weren't for her Childe's dissension. Being largely unaligned he survived the rapid shifts in power. Perhaps even winning a Haven for himself in the city's high-rises, evenings spent hosting Elysium, wine and Vitea clinking in glasses, music and laughter echoing in a penthouse full of dancers...

Then thunder. Not like any he had ever heard. Slow at first, growing rapid. Then screams. The ground shook and the power failed. The roof came down in chunks and many had to hurdle for their lives, grabbing loved ones and friends. Missiles had begun to rain from the sky, buildings collapsed and the Kine ran in droves, and died in dozens. Leopold climbed from the dust, dropping a mortal he tried to save from his arms. The Camerilla had destabilized the city, and placed the Nasferatu Calebros as Prince. His natural paranoia and sizable espionage network keeping him in power.

It's impossible to hear the words "New York City" and not have a connotation immediately come to mind. What's more, it's almost impossible to have two people's connotations coincide - to one, New York is a den of filth, to another it's a cradle of culture. It's Gotham, the Big Apple, the gateway to America and the city that never sleeps. 

We could argue all day about whether it's Sodom or paradise, but in the World of Darkness, New York City takes those dichotomies to their paragon. It is a city of conflicting extremes, and in the grand, stylized vision that makes the World of Darkness what it is, those extremes tend toward the negative end of the spectrum. With almost 20,000,000 residents in the city and metro area, New York can host as many as 300 Kindred - or more. It has no primogen, though some Kindred have lined up and are licking their chops for a chance to claim those titles. 

A network of Tremere Chantries kept the majority of NY safe from the missile strikes, but the damage has left it littered with debris. Its everyone's worst impression of itself. While much of the city has been swept clean, even major districts are littered with more trash than they should. Here and there slabs of broken building parts decorate the sidewalk.

Beneath all of this, an ancient evil rots. New York City is the resting place of what many assume to be the Tzimisce Antediluvian. While a precious few of the Kindred making their havens in the city have any inkling that such a horror festers below the streets. Here and there strange patches of "mold" grow, their fronds waving in drafts. The "body" of this horrid thing has spread to permeate New York, with small colonies of its intelligence manifesting wherever it sees fit to cultivate them. While the Ancient isn't truly everywhere, it makes those above feel that way with palpable examples of its presence hidden where the savvy think to look... or where the unwary stumble across them.

Blood Will Out Tom_clancy_s_the_division___wallpaper__fan_edited__by_razotron-d7h280k

Last edited by James on Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    James
    James
    Admin

Blood Will Out Empty Re: Blood Will Out

Post by James Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:29 am

The Sabbat has been beaten, but not destroyed, and you'd better believe it wants its city back. Hunters have caught on to the conflict and have been drawn to New York like moths to flame, as the old simile goes. These hunters, however, have the same problems as the Kindred - disorganization - and some might even end up facing off with each other, much as their Kindred prey fight among themselves.

The Kindred, for their part, are too distracted with their own power struggle to find these men and drive them out. Between Sect battles, mortal intrusion, and the occasional haunting, it's become a dangerous place to live.

Recently, Leopold's friend Deacon had begun to lose his grip. He captured mortals and strung their viscera across museum like displays. Some say he began experimenting with Viscissitude, and created horrible beasts of unspeakable visage. Leo wasn't sure exactly what it was he saw at his exhibition that night, but it filled him with a sense of dread as it clawed its way through its creator and launched itself into the night. He had left it alive, and it is said that it escaped as Deacon moved close to unveil it. 

There was a Tremere there that night, Alexander, who wept convincingly enough when Deacon met his end. But the Tremere count no Sabbat among its members, and Deacon was one of its staunchest supporters. Alexander, disappeared that night. He hasn't been seen sinse.

OOC:

Last edited by James on Sat May 30, 2015 6:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:34 pm

Leopold left the "exhibit," if you could call it that, with a sense of foreboding carnage sitting on his shoulders. Stinging entrails about and mass murder were never part of Deacon's artistic vision. If anything he focused on the opposite, on the gentleness and seductive side of mortals and showcased his interpretations of them in his pieces. He was always odd in that regard, but even Deacon had his more beastly feedings, never like that though.

Leopold wasn't about to chase after whatever had escaped, and Deacon's mentality switch was very surprising. Without more information about why Deacon snapped Leopold couldn't do much. He decided to head to see his Malkavian friend to seek more information about Deacon's recent state. Maybe they would know why Deacon snapped. After all, who would know crazy better than a Malkavian? It's possible they would know who this "Alexander" was as well.

So he headed out into the night. It was still early, for a vampire anyway, as Deacon's show was cut short. Hopefully there would be enough time to get some real dirt turned up.
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:34 pm

Nathan had always been an odd sort. He was one of the more lucid Malkavians, but prone to bouts of Id Dissociation. One could only hope to get him on a good night, which was most nights but his madness came and went at random with no obvious trigger or pattern. A Mage in his mortal life, he sought revelation by hacking into the Malkavian Madness Network. As punishment, they turned him, leaving his mind too fragmented to remember what he had seen.

*Knock*knock*knock* "Nathan?"
    The door swung slowly open at the knocking, the lights were out inside but for the flickering of an old TV showing white noise. Nathan was staring at it.

"Nathan's not here, I am Ranth.... IAmRanth...
    The man in between set himself on a dark path they are looking for him but he doesn't know, he doesn't know that the dark things on a different path it looks to feed. But this time different something week something easy. And in the west something sirs, something festers the festering spreads and in the west its like the east our friends head east but they are not our friends..."

Sometimes, its possible to take advantage of Nathan when he is in this state. Though it is usually hard to filter, perhaps Leopold could still ask his questions. But, was it worth the trouble?
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:47 pm

OOC:

Leopold sighed. He'd seen his friend at times like this but it never made it any easier to see or deal with. He walked into the room, closing the door behind him.

"Well then Ranth," he thought about what Nathan had said, trying to decipher it, "you think you could get any clearer? Who is man is on the dark path? Was that Deacon? You remember Deacon, right? The artist." He was couching down next to Nathan, using a soft tone and trying to lure the information out of him. Leopold knew it was useless to try to force him to stop being whoever he thought he was and just play along, wait it out until Nathan switched back on his own. Try to force him and he'd only stay whoever longer.

"I need your help, bud. Who is the man on the dark path? Let's start there." Leopold half cocked his head to the side, a weak smile on his face. He ignored the white noise coming from the TV. Hopefully Nathan would lead to something.
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:09 pm

"Deacon? Beacon? there is no beacon, thats why its dark. He looked into the twisty dark and broke his brain. The man in between snuffed out the lights. He didn't know, he didn't see what he was doing it was dark. They lied to him and now he lies... he sleeps, they will make him suffer... he will make them suffer... and we will suffer..." Slowly, he turned to face his friend, and in a broken voice he said, "I'm so sorry Leo..." He blinked "Leo? What are you doing here? Don't you knock?"
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:31 pm

"Hey, there you are," he smiled, "And yes I do knock." Leopold straightened up and helped Nathan to his feet. "You said you were Ranth when I knocked so I came in. I came to ask if you knew anything about Deacon's activities lately. His last... show... tonight wasn't his usual. All mortal guts and gore strewn about in a horrid display." Leopold wiggled his fingers as he flipped his hand towards the wall in a vague gesture.

"There was some vampire I hadn't seen before there too, Alexander. Tremere. He was with Deacon the whole night. Then Deacon showed off this abomination of a thing before it tore through him and ran off into the night. Alexander seemed upset, but left after that." He found a chair to plant himself in. Still trying to figure out what Nathan had said earlier, he closed his eyes and squinted his face in concentration.

"When I got here you were staring at the TV. Said something about a man on a dark path, something that wants to find something easy to feed on, and something festering in the west. Oh and friends coming from the west but them not being friends... Any of that make any sense to you?"
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:59 pm

Nathan straightened and turn the TV off. "Jesus, human guts? Deacon was no friend to the Kine but this? No nothing I say makes any sense anymore... There's been a lot of new Tremere in town, they fared the best against the missile strikes, probably because they're the ones that called them." He looked around for his glasses and put them on. "My Friends tell me they just had little civil war, and the Cammy's came out on top." Leopold knew that by "friends" he meant Magi. "It would make sense for them to be replenishing their numbers, bound to be some new faces around. You think this Alexander had something to do with it?"

"Decon was antitribu, but he always struck me as a Clan first kind of Kindred, perhaps this Tremere was only there to sway him towards the Camerilla?"

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:13 pm

Leopold scowled at a corner. "Yeah, don't remind me about the strikes. I'm still pissed about that." He leaned back and let out a gruff, extended "ugh," scratching his head vigorously before fixing his hair.

"It seems like maybe Alexander was there to sway him to something else. You should have been there. It would have made a Nosferatu's skin crawl. A Tzimisce might have been proud of that thing he created though. But bringing him back to the Camarilla wouldn't drive him mad, so what was that all about? Maybe Alexander wanted Deacon out of the picture. Why, I don't know, but it doesn't make sense to me that he would have 'good intentions' for Deacon when he only just showed up now." He thought more about what Nathan had said.

'Beacon... No beacon, that's why it's dark. Twisty dark, broke his brain. The man in between snuffed out the lights... They lied to him...'
    'The man in between set himself on a dark path, they are looking for him but he doesn't know...' So if Alexander is the man in between... what's he in between? The Camarilla and the Sabbat? Or something else?

"If the Tremere are low on numbers, it does make sense that there'd be more in town to bring back deserters or make new recruits. And that's totally what we need. More hocus pocus in the city and more Camarilla to have to suck up to." He wiggled his fingers while fanning his hands at hocus pocus while rolling his eyes at Camarilla. He thought back to his sire and the days spent being a glorified puppet.
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:04 am

"Well, low numbers for New York anyway. So what, you wanna find this guy? He's bound to have enemies... he's a vampire, after all. I'm sure there's still some independent Sewer Rats we could get in touch with. I suppose Victoria could help, iiiiiif your up for her zealotry." Victoria is practically an anarchist when it comes to Camerilla. But she does have her ear to the low ends of the city.
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:18 pm

Leopold thought about that plan for a couple minutes. "Let's see what we can dig up about him before we find him. I'd rather be prepared for whatever bullshit he's going to start spouting when we're face to face. I'd prefer not to get Victoria riled up, but she is a good source and she knows how to find out things."

He stood up and headed for the door. "I think I'd rather find some independents without Victoria, but she really would be an asset. Plus I'd hate to have to trudge around in all that filth by myself." He shuddered at the thought, then sighed, her enthusiasm was exhausting at times. "I guess I'll go see her first," He turned back to Nathan, "You wanna come? I could use the help."
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:23 pm

"Hunting a Tremere with Victoria? She'll be thrilled." Nathan and Leopold shot each other a knowing glance as they locked up the apartment. Victoria was old. Old enough to remember the dark ages, old enough to remember why every one hates the Tremere so much. They were human once; mages who performed a ritual to turn themselves vampire, using Kindred as a base. The fledgling clan was too weak to fight off their former human allies, who saw them as traitors, and their new vampire cousins, who saw them as blasphemers. So they hunted and Diablerized a sleeping clan of peaceful kindred, overnight becoming strong enough to stem off an alliance of all the other vampire clans in the region.

They used blood magic to transform prisoners into Gargoyles. The process involves merging 2 vampires of separate clan into one form, and stripping them of their minds and identities. Many of Victoria's friends shared that fate. And that's when the inquisition began. Elder Kindred hid behind their Childer, forcing them into battle while they themselves made plans to escape and hide themselves. Thus the division began between what would become the Sabbat and the Camerilla. After many years of conflict, she had lost too much. Her friends from both her mortal, and undead lives lost to the savagery of the times. She commit herself to Torpor.

It wasn't until the 1940's that she was stirred from her slumber, only to find that in the centuries of her torpor her elders had formed the Camerilla and allied themselves with the Tremere usurpers.

OOC:

Last edited by James on Sat May 30, 2015 6:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:51 pm

Victoria made her nest in the Bronx. Traffic never really dies in the city that doesn't sleep but out this friar it was easy enough to get around. The house should have been condemned. Leopold didn't know if she owned it or if she was squatting, either seemed likely. There weren't any neighbors for half a mile in all directions. No highborn would consider it a proper domain, but it was out from beneath prying eyes.

They stepped up onto the porch and Nathan let Leopold knock. After a moment the door was answered by a pale man with a crew cut. He wore a black trench with stitching that gave the appearance of epaulettes. Neither recognized the man but it wasn't uncommon for Victoria to have guests, the Camerilla would have seen her as a terrorist if she was important enough to make their notice, and she often used her haven as a safe house of sorts. He spoke in a deep, dry voice, "Gutan tag?"

Last edited by James on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:14 pm

Leopold clapped his hands together and gave a warm smile. "Yes, well hello. My name is Leopold," he gestured to himself, fingered spread wide and pressed to his chest, "and this is Nathan," with his other hand he made a Vanna White motion towards Nathan, "and we are here to see our dear friend Victoria. Might you let us in, hmm?" His eyes flicked back and forth between the man and just beyond, into the house, hoping Victoria or someone recognizable would stroll by.

God I hope he knows English...
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:04 pm

The man gave a subtle grunt, somewhere between clearing his throught and disapproval. "Sheiz naught heir." He stated with a thick German accent. "Meeting wis an associet I'm avraid. But pleaze," he stepped aside bowing slightly and motioning with an open palm for them to enter, "are you, hungry? I've zhust ordered... pitza."

OOC:

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:42 pm

"Suuure, I could go for a snack, thank you. That's very generous of you," he said, lowering his head in a return minimal bow. He strode past him, keeping even, gliding steps.

Leopold stood in the room, looking around to see how Victoria had changed the decor, if at all.

Blood Pool: 6

OOC:

Last edited by Ariel on Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:57 pm

OOC:
    The entry hall was filthy, as were the 2 adjacent rooms. The den, however, was thankfully redecorated. It was clear that its denizen was used to a more lavish lifestyle. The furniture was well kept, and maintained a matching elegant style. Even if the paintings were framed upon peeling wallpaper.

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:44 pm

Leopold looked the rooms over as he passed through them, attempting to hide his distaste for all but the den. Even there he wouldn't let himself sit. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised... Can't have anything too attention-getting in a place like this. Though it wouldn't hurt to at least dust...

"So... Mister..." he said slowly turning back to the German man, pausing for him to fill in his name. "Any idea as to when Victoria will be back? Or at least when she left? I'd hate to impose for too long waiting for her to get back."

OOC:

Last edited by Ariel on Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : including dice results)
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:05 pm

"Kreiger, Sebastian Kreiger."

"Miss Victoria had already departed when I had arrived, and she is not in ze habit ov leaving notes." There came a knock at the door, "ah, if you'll excuse me..." Sebastian moved back into the hall and greeted the delivery boy with a polite yet firm "please, come inside." After which he proceeded to grab him, flash fangs and drink... perhaps a bit too deeply... before using Dominate to erase his memory and send the boy on his way. He even tipped.

Well, that answers -that- question then. Leopold and Nathan turned down the offer to share, it was neither of their styles.

"So, how is it that you know madam Victoria?"

OOC:

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:52 am

"Well then!" There was a rise in Leopold's tone, "Thank Heaven, or something, for that," he said, referring to Sebastian's Kindred state. Leopold seemed to relax a little. Not that having a mortal around is a problem, it would just be rude to partake of someone else's meal without permission. Plus, dancing around with wordplay around mortals can be fun, though again, the doing it due to the unknown status of a mortal in relation to another vampire can be tiresome.

"Victoria and I have known each other for a few decades now. We met in the 1970s, lovely times; everyone was still so receptive from the '60s. Plus a lot of people were on something and well, what's better than us, right? Anyway, we met while I was just an apprentice. Ooooh, my sire hated her. With good reason, as it turns out. She's a terrible influence," he chuckled, "Well, terrible if you're Camarilla that is. Anyway, she helped me out quite a bit back then and we've been friends since. She helps me, I help her, we have a similar mentality for some things, although she is far more go-getter than I am."
    Leopold loved to talk, about himself, about others, about anything. And it showed. He flapped and darted his hands about, gesturing and emphasizing, though it always seemed to be one hand, the other kept close until the first was done. And although he loved to go on, he knew better than to reveal everything, especially to another vampire he barely knew.

"And what about you? I'm sorry to say I haven't seen you about. How and when did you meet our dear Victoria?" A sincere question, though asked lightly. "Terribly sorry I don't know German by the way."
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:00 pm

"It's quite alright, Americans don't put quite ze emphasis on learning other cultures as most other countries do." He paused for a moment before beginning again. "It was the dawn of ze second world war, and I had heard stories of a witch who, much like rasputin, refused to die. When I tracked down her last known location I was warned not to enter, but, duty is duty. The short of it? She slaked her centuries of thirst upon my men and kept me as her confidant to modern times. And I remain her connection to mother Europe."

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:26 pm

"Well at least you are on our side now," he said with a smile, deciding to leave the "uncultured" comment alone. He needed Victoria's help more than he needed to prove a point. Leopold walked around the room, looking over the paintings and little things placed about. He hated waiting.
    Dice Roll:

After a while he sighed quietly through his nose and turned to Sebastian. "You don't happen to know who she went to go meet, do you, Mr. Kreiger?" Leopold quirked an eyebrow inquisitively. "It's just that although we are immortal, my reason for seeking Victoria is a bit time sensitive. Rather ironic, huh? And I know you said she didn't leave a note, but you seem to know who she went to see."

Last edited by Ariel on Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : including dice results)
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:57 pm

The room's hardwood floors were swept clean and somewhat polished, several of the boards were chipped or splintered. A burgundy and ochre woven rug was placed over much of the original floors, it looked brand new. There was a white couch to one side and a pair of matching chairs to its right, each separated by a small table with a lamp on it. One wall was dominated by a large fireplace, not lit in ages and a grand piano many years past its prime. Leopold suspected it still worked, however. A pair or armoires rested against the 2 adjacent walls.

There was no door to this room, just a large entryway, though there was a door near the piano, a closet perhaps? Around the room were old paintings, none quite as old as their owner but some made to look that way. The painting above the fireplace was in particularly good condition, and sported a heavy brass frame unlike the others. The work itself was unremarkable. A watercolor of 2 young men in a lush garden. one cradling a lamb in his arms, the other stalks of wheat. Everything in the room was in immaculate order, typical of Victoria. There was nothing that might point to her whereabouts. 

The man smiled, "It seems you've caught me in a lie. You'll have to forgive me, I'm not particularly good at them." He was making an audible effort of regaining an American accent. "I was only trying to measure you and your friend here, see my Lady has departed on dangerous work, and I was expecting her to return by now. Und I'm avraid she made no mention of expecting gaests."

Leopold felt Nathans hand graze his arm "Leo..." Leopold turned from where he had been distracted by the decorum to see that Kreiger had pulled back his coat to rest his hand on a very nasty looking sword handle at his belt. Nathan put his hands in the air innocently "hey now, woah, do we really look like the 'came to ruff you up' kind of people?"

Last edited by James on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:33 pm

Leopold eyed the sword and also assumed a nonthreatening posture, hands at chest level, open palms out towards Krieger, though not as quickly as Nathan.
    "She made no mention of expecting guests as we were not expected. It seems neither of us anticipated that tonight would be as eventful as it has been. But as you are unsure of the whereabouts of your mistress or of her condition, and as we could also use her help in locating a rather suspicious Kindred that may have caused a close friend to descend to madness and to be murdered, I do not see why we shouldn't join forces to find dear Victoria. We have no reason to harm you and as you can see by our unimpeding attire we come without weapons."
    He gestured down his torso at his outfit, a well fitted pair of black dress pants, a deep purple satin shirt, and a light grey vest.

OOC:

Last edited by James on Sat May 30, 2015 7:05 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : include dice roll results)
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:08 pm

OOC:

Kreiger took a firmer grip on his weapon, "I did not come all the way from Romania on a mere house call. There is word of a traitor, who would out us to the Camerilla in exchange for sanctions. Now when it is she who should walk through my door I find this pair of pompous puppets? Clearly highborn, and in New York that means Camerilla. So you've come un-armed, to what? Lure me to my final death in your ivory tower?" His lips pulled back from his teeth, clenched firmly together, and slowly his fangs creeped down from his canines.
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:39 pm

OOC:

Leopold pinched his nose between his eyes, scrunching his face in impatience. He looked up, "You've heard word of a traitor who would sell out Independents and Sabbat to the Camarilla? Great. Guess who we ran into earlier? A Tremere who we've never seen before, on the night our friend, another non-Camarilla, went crazy, hung entrails all over a gallery, then was murdered by his own grafted abomination before it ran off into the night. Personally, I don't ever recall a Tremere not being Camarilla since they are so tightly controlled. And rarely have I seen one be a true ally to anyone outside their Sect. Sounds to me like we are looking for the same person. Or at least the person who could lead us to this traitor.
    As for myself, I stepped out of that pyramid scheme decades ago when I realized that, at the time, I was in fact a puppet. Victoria helped me see that, hence why my Sire hates her and now me. So I do things for me and those who are worthy now, not for any incompetent elder who sits behind a curtain and doesn't deserve it. Fuck the Camarilla. The ivory tower is really more of a plaster one, and I plan on watching it crumble." He took a deep breathe through his nose and regained his composure.

"Now, as I've said before, I could really use Victoria's help in locating this particular Tremere, as she knows her way around and has her sources. I'd rather not waste more time bickering with you, Mr. Kreiger. If you are just going to wait for her to show up, be my guest. Or rather, we'll be on our way. I can live without her help even though I'd prefer not to. However, knowing that she too may be in danger means I think it's best we go and locate her. Don't you?" He tilted his head at Kreiger, eyebrows raised. This wasn't Leopold's night at all. It was all just supposed to be a nice evening with art and vitae and now it's this disaster of a situation.
    I swear, the next Camarilla I come across I will make them so in love with me they'll be my puppet for the next year before I rip their head off and get someone to toss them in the noonday sun.

OOC:
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:29 pm

Kreiger relaxed his posture, "I suppose, if you are lying you aren't strong enough to stop me from ending you." He took his hand from his blade to Nathan's visible relief. "But I had no reason to doubt my sire's well-being until the two of you showed up."
    Nathan was never one to leave anything to chance, "Well, with all that's been going on, it couldn't hurt to check on her."

"And what exactly do you suggest?" Kreiger asked dryly, folding his arms across his chest as he raised an eyebrow, "I could take you to her but she's not exactly fond of people popping in on her secret meetings. But by all means, tell me again how you don't want to simply wait."

OOC:

Last edited by James on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:32 pm

OOC:

"See? No reason to worry about us," he said with a dismissive wave of his hand. "As for how we should get to Victoria, if you would be so kind as to take us, as you do seem to know where she is... I have my connections too, it's just that Victoria's are the ones we need right now, and well, you are right here." In truth Leopold wasn't exactly sure how else he would find Victoria if he can't convince Kreiger. Talking is what he does best, but his contacts aren't that great when it comes to finding hidden vampires. It probably would be a situation of 'walk out the door, go to meet with contact, and see what else the night has to throw at him.'
    Note to self: get better contacts... he thought to himself.

"Personally, if I were having a secret meeting, I'd rather have people who know where to find me 'pop in,' rather than anyone who doesn't dig up where I am. Sure she might be upset at first, but at least she knows you know how to find her, and she trusts us. If we found her because someone else who isn't supposed to know told us how to find her, that might upset her more." Leopold paused briefly hoping that Kreiger would agree.

Dice Roll:

Last edited by Ariel on Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:16 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : confusion with previous post, clarifying)
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:40 pm

Kreiger stood there, nearly gape jawed. He was worried about her, truth be told. Ancient blood bonds between them saw to that. He supposed that it would be better if he were to keep an eye on these two. Better that they didn't interrupt Victoria on their own. Kreiger felt it was a tad like babysitting, but what were these tales of flesh grafting lunatics? He nodded, "She's meeting a catif by the name of Kyle in a bankrupt paper mill. I can take you zehr, but we keep our distance until -I- say otherwise. Agried?"

OOC:
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:43 pm

Leopold pursed his lips, looking around as if to think about it briefly , then smiled and said, "Agreed." He tipped his torso forward slightly and with a slight flourish gestured towards the entrance in an "after you" manner.
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:40 pm

Trying, unsuccessfully, to fake a smile Kreiger made his way past Leopold while unhooking his sword from his belt so as to better fit in a vehicle. After he passed his sighed and lowered his gaze mumbling "Ich schwöre, diese dummen Amerikaner werden das ende von mir sein..."

Nathan met Leo's glance and half smiled. Then he pulled out his phone while heading for the driver's seat, "Siri, translate "dummen Amerikaner..."

Shadows pulled in around the back seat as the party cruised through the city streets. Nathan nearly forgot he carried a 2nd passenger. Annoyingly enough, the mill was located all the way on Staten Island. Victoria, always the loyal one. She would travel any distance for her allies. Precisely the qualities Leopold and Nathan were looking for tonight. Nathan pulled the car over slowly at Kreiger's behest. They were still on the bridge-style highway, now in the breakdown lane. "What? Why here?" Nathan asked.

"There is only one road that leads down to the mill directly, but maybe we can just make it out from here." Kreiger stepped out from the vehicle and clipped his sword back to his belt. He stepped over to the ledge and peered out over the dark trees. A small number of squat buildings lay in the distance. Some of which stretched out for some distance.

Nathan followed him out, a very displeased expression on his face. "Are they meeting in the mill itself, or one of the warehouses?"

"I'm not sure, and if nothing is amiss we should not be able to determine."

OOC:

Last edited by James on Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:47 pm

Dice Roll:

Leopold stood to Kreiger's left, though still with some space between them, and squinted at the buildings in the distance. He was scanning them over, trying to determine any subtleties that might stand out, while also focusing his senses of sound and smell on them, not that he thought he could smell anything at this distance.
    Never hurts to try though. Might be able to smell fresh blood if the wind catches it right...

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : including dice results)
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:15 pm

There was movement near one of the warehouses. Hard to tell what it was at this distance. Perhaps Bushes? Swaying in the wind? Leopold focused his senses like a shark on the hunt. There wasn't an aroma exactly, but he could sense it somehow. Blood, and lots of it. He could just tell, not a sensation Leopold was a stranger too exactly. His training in Auspex had left him with a keen intuition, and his Sire had encouraged him to trust his instincts. She did, to the point of supreme arrogance.

Leopold and Nathan met one another's eyes, and Nathan nodded solemnly. Nathan had similar abilities, only much sharper. Sharp enough to realize what Leopold had sensed apparently. Kreiger spoke up, "Too much fog from the shore..."

"Three figures at least, people by the look of it. And, somethings not right down there. Someone's died, and the guys don't look like their in any kind of rush to go anywhere which means the fighting's long stopped." Nathan responded.

An obvious look of surprise flashed across Kreiger's face as he passed a quick glance at Nathan. He looked intently towards the buildings, "She's got a safe house not far from here in the event of trouble, or she may still be inside." His accent was improving quickly, and his voice carried a great confidence for his Sire's well-being.

OOC:
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:45 pm

Dice Roll:

Leopold breathed a sigh through his nose. He didn't like all the shadiness going on tonight. "I say we check out the building first. Scout out around it and if it doesn't look like Victoria is there then we check her safe house. I'd hate to go to her safe house first only to discover she's not there, then find out it's too late when we check down there second. Plus if she is there, and it turns out that what's going on down there isn't putting her in harms way, then that just means we get to her faster."

OOC:

Last edited by Ariel on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:31 pm

Empathy Results:

"Good." Kreiger nodded. Then, he turned to Leopold, "You two stay here." he said, and with that he leapt over the guardrail, to Nathan's dismay.
    Nathan reached out for him, "Hey! Wait a se... ugh, god damn it Kreiger!" Shadows reached up for him as he fell, swallowing his form long before he neared the ground. Leopold's sharpened senses picked up the snapping of branches as Kreiger made his landing. Nathan turned completely around and began to look in all directions, assessing. "We can't just park here forever without drawing attention, and we can't get it close to the mill without being seen. I'll bring it over to the next exit, your fast enough to catch up with Kreiger but stay low. And... call me if you run into trouble."

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:22 am

"Will do," Leopold nodded to Nathan, "Don't get lost." Leopold smiled at Nathan before turning to climb upon the guardrail. He stayed there for a few seconds crouched on his feet and aided with one hand for balance, and scanned over the area Kreiger disappeared into. He then jumped in to follow the large man, hoping he could catch up before Kreiger made it too far ahead.

OOC:

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:36 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : including dice results)
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:51 pm

Leaves shot into the air upon Leopold's arrival. He sank down to his knees and palmed the ground during the impact to soften the blow. Even then, a mortal's legs would have shattered from that fall but Leo's Vampiric body immediately repaired what little damage can be done to dead flesh. Then his head shot up, scanning for company. Kreiger did well to conceal himself, and Leopold couldn't see in the dark. But though he couldn't see Kreiger himself, he was sharp enough to see where shadows were pulled further than they should be, a clear sign of a Lasobra on the prowl. Leopold's celerity would close the gap between them before Kreiger would have time to complain, but he considered shadowing him instead, one can never be too careful.
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:17 pm

All I need is to be back on Kreiger's bad side... Best to avoid getting too close until later, if he needs help. Caine willing that blood is just the result of an incompetently lost hiker and not what's left of Victoria...
    Leopold made his way through the forested area, keeping close enough to Krieger to be aware of his path of travel but far enough away that Leopold hoped he wouldn't be detected. He wasn't the most competent at stalking in rural areas so he was trying to be as stealthy as he could.

Never thought there'd come a night I wouldn't want to be noticed by an ally. Tch.
    Stupid trees... The forest is so overrated. I'm going to ruin this suit!

Dice Roll:

Last edited by Ariel on Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : including dice roll results)
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:03 pm

The two Kindred closed the distance the between the highway and the mill. If Kreiger had noticed Leopold, he wasn't complaining. As they made their way towards the buildings, Kreiger's shadow play became subtler. Though Leopold still couldn't physically see Kreiger, he could see his absence from the light beyond him. A dark figure silhouetted against the buildings. Kreiger stepped out into the parking lot ducking low behind a row of forklifts and concealing himself in their shadow.

There were at least 2 men meandering slowly in front of the warehouse, scrutinizing the area. The taller of the two stood on the left and was impeccably attired. His midnight blue suite was made from the finest material, and was decorated with coat tails and a ruffled collar. The outfit gave the impression of an upper class noblemen of the nineteenth century. His hair was very curly but closely cut and even more black than his very dark skin. His broad stature brought him to a few inches over six feet, and the scars across his face betrayed a West African heritage.

The other stood with his back turned as they approached, his blonde hair poking up above the red collar of his overcoat. Thin black frames of his glasses adorned his face... it looked like Alexander. Leopold could hear that they were speaking, but had a difficult time making out actual words from this distance.

OOC:

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:27 am

Leopold watched Kreiger move to his new position, and thought about following but decided against it. I thought Nathan said there would be three people... At least... Maybe they've gone inside, but I know I don't like this, especially with Alex here. He decided to stay put, listen in, and observe for a moment before moving to a closer spot or really doing anything. He hoped Kreiger would also take a slower approach, though Leopold didn't think he was really the type to take it slow when in a situation where his Sire might be in danger.

OOC:

Last edited by Ariel on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : including dice roll results)
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:37 pm

Leopold opened his mind to them, concentrating on Alexander. A pale halo of pale dark blue materialized around him. Something was making the Kindred unsure, nervous. The West African man's aura was one of pale green, also a Kindred, he was nursing some kind of obsession. Kreiger, on the other hand, wore a halo of complete sky blue. One of stone calmness, he was completely focused.

There was a third aura, around the corner to the right and up about 7 feet. Its pale Navy color flickered sharply as it moved along side the building. Another Vampire, and a they were distracted. Kreiger seemed to look back at Leopold, though it was hard to tell for sure. His aura mottled and began to shift, he was plotting, but was confused, perhaps about Leopold's actions.

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:19 pm

Damn I wish I could hear them, Leopold thought grumpily. He decided to try to sneak around, similarly to Kreiger but opposite him. Although conferring with him would have been easier, Leopold did not trust Alex or know these two other vampires enough to spare the time. Had the night gone well earlier, Leopold wouldn't feel the need to be so skeptical.

Let's see if I can get any closer...

OOC:

Last edited by Ariel on Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : including dice roll results)
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:24 pm

Leopold made his way out of the tree line, waiting for a moment at the edge for just the right time to dash out across to the shipping crates. As he made his way closer he began to pick up the conversation "...etic really, like some sort of parody of its master's work."

"You're too romantic," the black man replied, speaking with a British accent, "what happened in there was brutality, nothing more. Gore."

As he spoke, a girl came around from the side of the building. Young, in appearance. No more than twenty. Long blonde hair wrapped around her hair in loose braids. She wore a tan belted pea coat with an old red scarf, thin brown leather gloves concealed each hand and skinny khaki's sat above short red heels. "No sign of any kind of forced entry. And no sign of any non pedestrian modes of movement either."

Alexander glanced back at his ally for a moment, "it couldn't have come from nowhere, even invisible creatures leave footprints."

The door to the warehouse opened and a shorter light-skinned man stepped out, blood on his hands. he said a few sentences and motioned toward the building behind him with an expression that suggested a loss for words, but he was too soft spoken for Leopold to hear him. He needed to get closer, he dashed toward the next crate, dropping to a slide to prevent himself from slamming the wall too loudly. As Leopold scuffed across the asphalt, Alexander glanced toward the parking lot as the African man began to speak, "There's nothing more to do here... torch it."

Shocked, Alexander looked back at the man "What? You can't mean to..."

"We have a masquerade to uphold, Alexander." He motioned to the shorter man and the two of them moved towards a vehicle parked nearby, "your services have been commendable but are no longer required. You may retire." Then he waved to the young looking female with a flick of his hand towards the building. She looked towards Alexander with a look of surprise and a shrug before drawing her fingers through the air in a strange flourish. Fire Spring from her fingertips and she pressed the door open with her foot, she tossed the palm of flame inside and let the door slide closed.

The delay had cost Leopold and his Ally dearly in precious time. Slightly panicked, Leopold looked back for Kreiger for some sense of what to do. He was gone. Shocker.

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:32 pm

Leopold knew he had to act fast. Assuming Victoria was in there, and was still alive, she wouldn't be for long. He hoped the gore the black man had mentioned wasn't her strung about the room like Deacon had done to others earlier. He scrambled around the crate he was behind and ran to the side of the building the girl came from, still trying to remain unseen. He was hoping for a window or other door to bust through to get inside. There was no time to deal with Alexander now, especially since his three companions were still around and it seemed pretty obvious they didn't want anyone to know they were there.

OOC:

Last edited by Ariel on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:16 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : including dice results)
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:53 pm

The air hung still, silent. Seconds ticked away as Leopold sprung into action, making his way behind the warlocks' car as Alexander passed its front to enter the driver's seat. He paused for a moment to stare at the mill, "waste of blood..." he said, and with a disapproving sniff he lowered himself into the vehicle.

Leopold leaned out around the bumper in a quick glance to the girl, and darted quickly to a steel staircase running up the side of the building making his way to a steel door stood at the top. Leopold gripped the handle and slammed his weight into the door with his shoulder. No budge. He backed to a gridded window and, gripping the arm rail behind him, lifted himself up to kick the glass in.

Heat from inside assaulted Leopold in a violent stream. Smoke was already billowing out from inside. Such a small amount of fire shouldn't have been able to spread so quickly, it must have burned with the heat of a chemical fire.

OOC:

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:50 pm

Leopold looked around the mill, though with the smoke he wasn't sure what he would be able make out, if anything. Or at least without having to run straight into it first. Better to try than not at all though, he thought, eyes scanning.

OOC:

Last edited by Ariel on Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : including dice results)
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:24 pm

As Leopold began to sharpen his senses, his sight began to cut through the smoke. There was a body sprawled across the ground, limbs missing, hair covering their face. Blood saturated their denim jacket, not Victoria's typical garb. But with Leopold's heightened senses the heat became oppressive, forcing him to step backward as the smoke stung at his eyes. His vision blurred a red haze as he instinctively tried to moisten his eyes with the only fluid left in his body - blood. He shook off his daze and that's when he felt it. A blast of heat and flame. Not from the window, but from his side. The Tremere must have heard the window smash in. Things were about to get a whole lot worse.

As the fire began igniting his clothing and ash dry flesh, the beast clawed at the corners of Leopold's mind. It willed him to action. Run. Tear. Rend. Escape.

OOC:

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:23 pm

Leopold froze for a few moments, trying to gain control over the growing desire to book it away from the burning mill.

OOC:

Last edited by James on Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : including dice results)
    James
    James
    Admin

Post by James Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:38 pm

Fire seared through textile and tissue alike. As Leopold flailed his arms frantically across his person in an attempt to extinguish himself, the thought of flames began to consume his thoughts. All color seemed to fade from his vision except the hot yellow of the fire both on his person and in the warehouse. Blood willed itself through Leopold's veins in an unholy heartless beating. It thumped in his ears and filled his muscles with its power. Power he could think of only one use for: escape. It was Rötschreck: the Red Fear.

Without thought, Leopold flung himself down the stairs. Nearly airborne, he charged with preternatural speed towards the woman who had returned to assault him. Not able to think clearly, the beast demanded he go through her. Taking command of his frenzied strength he drew his arm about himself, lowering his shoulder. As he slammed full on into the girl, he brought his arm upward again, throwing her across the pavement into her vehicle. Her frail form folded backwards around the hood, smashing in the sharp edges of the old Cadillac.

As he made a move to leap over the mess and flee back into the woods, Leopold felt a hand on his forearm. Nearly immediately on contact, Leopold felt a rush throughout his body, like some blast of air or liquid was shot into his veins. His blood pushed itself rapidly through his body. It leaked out any hole in could find, his ears and nose discharged his Vitea and his eyes wept crimson tears.

Leopold turned to see Alexander holding on to him. An obvious look of surprise flashed onto his face when he recognized Leopold. The beast called out to Leopold once more, "Tear his arm off." it called. But just as this thought came to him, a sword burst from Alexander's chest. Alexander gave a cry of pain that was suddenly silenced as the sword ripped out the way it came, only to spin quickly in a wide arc across his back. Vitea spilled across the sidewalk and Alexander fell to the ground. Not likely his final death, but it would take a moment for his Vampiric body to repair the damage.

"Come on!" Kreiger shouted in a harsh voice, waving his arm as he did so, "This way!" Soot covered his face; he had been inside the warehouse. Kreiger turned and ran down the road a ways before rounding a corner leading him deeper into the mill complex, away from the highway.

OOC:

Last edited by James on Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post by Ariel Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:28 am

Unsure of what else was around and knowing that Kreiger was his safest bet, Leopold followed him down the road until the point he had turned off of it. He looked around, eyes darting and head turning, trying to find the shadowy ally. I wish Nathan were here with the car, he thought, still feeling panicked and nervous, that was really stupid of me to bust into that mill. What did I think would happen, it was burning. If I don't get out of this mess soon I'm screwed. Damn Victoria, damn Deacon, and most of all damn Alexander!

OOC:

Last edited by Ariel on Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : including dice results)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:13 am